Experienced Hostel Staff - Housekeeping Manager, Reception Manager, Hostel Manager
INTROMarco Polo and Malti are two hostels working hand in hand. One created in 2010 and the other in 2016, they are located in the heart of Saint Julian’s in Malta. Created by backpackers for backpackers, our mission statement is “Expect the Unexpected”.
We are looking for a experienced Hostel Staff to join our team and work with our Reception and Housekeeping teams to improve our guest experience and increase sales for our hostel activities.
• Staff Training and Management
• Customer Service
• Reception team management
• Housekeeping team management
• Quality Control
• Business Development and Strategy
Skills and experience:
• Experience of providing high quality customer service
• Sales experience
• Ability to thrive under pressure
• Able to collate and interpret financial and performance data to drive business growth.
• Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
• Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate, working to tight deadlines using own initiative
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of the youth hostelling sector, adventure tourism and travel industry.
• Commitment to Marco Polo and Hostel Malti mission and values – desire to make a difference.
• Team player.
• Flexible, and willing to work in the fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• Conscientious and responsible.
• Support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image.
Paid Hostel Staff
WHERE WE ARE LOCATEDTriq Ross, San Ġiljan, Malta
Job first posted: 10 July 2017
Updated: 10 October 2017
WORKER SKILLS WANTED
Event Planning / Hosting
Greeting / Helping Travelers (Concierge)
Hostel Reception / Front Desk
Social Media Marketing
Web Blogging & Writing