Hostel management position in Colorado!
Position Title: Wanderlust Team/ Manager
Primary Purpose and Functions: Living and working together as a team to accomplish responsibilities of the hostel, while creating and experiencing a comfortable attractive atmosphere for ourselves and guests.
I am looking for someone who truly fits into The Wanderlust environment. It is constant excitement, people, and change in the summer and slows down immensely in the late fall, and winter months. Come fall (late September) you have the option of staying through the slow months, and taking turns traveling.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
• Be available and committed for at least 4 months (dates somewhat flexible, with opportunity to stay longer)
• Work 3 day shifts, 2-3 on call night shifts (this is flexible and may change week to week depending on everyone’s schedule)
• Maintain an exceptionally clean hostel o Making beds
o Cleaning rooms/bathrooms
o Vacuuming and mopping
o Washing, drying, and folding laundry o Etc..
• Outside- watering lawn, flowers, and garden : ) And in the winter shoveling snow, bringing in firewood and starting fires.
• Willing to be on call certain days and evenings with the hostel cell phone
• Providing answers and information about the local area, restaurants, hikes, and
adventures to visiting guests
• Checking emails and responding with promptness
• Making reservations correctly and concisely
• Updating social media with new pictures, stories, and events
• Handle money and run credit cards
• Summer is busy and I expect everyone to be available from the end of June- mid September. You definitely have time to acquire a part time job. The rest of the year (if you stay) I encourage traveling, and adventuring : ) We will chat more about this if staying is an option
Benefits For You
Pay is dependent upon experience and responsibilities taken on
• Housing and bills covered
• Live in a hostel, which is a rewarding exciting and memorable experience, and be
part of the “Wanderlust Family”
• Have lots of time to play outside, read, write, paint or whatever you love
• Gain experience, knowledge, and references to work in other hostels around the world, or possibly open your own
• Opportunities to make cash for extra shifts and projects
Knowledge and Skill:
• Detail oriented
• Experience and knowledge of Excel, Word, and social media
• Strong desire to live and work closely with others
• Flexible with scheduling and changes
• Ideas for marketing
I look forward to answering any of your questions!
Paid Hostel Staff
HOSTEL LOCATION221 N Boulevard St, Gunnison, CO 81230, USA
Job first posted: 11 September 2013