HI everyone, My name is Shantall Prado, and i'm looking for a live in accommodation hostel job. I recently have been looking for a job in the Bay Area but no one wants to hire me so I decided to move wherever the wind takes me. Its been 6 months now that I have graduated from UCLA, (3 months traveling) and I feel a bit down on my luck. I cant find a job, I'm broke and my social life has liquidated to mush, but I'm hopeful that things will go my way soon. I want to work at a hostel because it will incorporate what I enjoy, traveling, networking and organizing. I truly enjoy planning events and organizing both people and tasks. As silly as that sounds, I like color coordinating and organizing I think its fun! You can visit my LinkedIn Profile to view my steller resume. It ranges from working with a Congressman to being a Production Manufacturer and is tailored for administrative work. Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn. http://lnkd.in/diQg2D A little bit about me: I come from a humble background and I am the 2ed person to go to University in my entire family. I am a transfer student and unfortunately I did not know I had to apply to a 4-year institution a year in advance and missed the deadline by 3 days. It was a rough year but I took random classes to keep me busy. I also started working at age 14 to pay for college and worked my way through school. I knew I had to pay for college on my own since we didn't have much growing up, but it made me who I am today. During the unintended gap year, I quit modeling and I shaved my head. I donated my hair to locks of love; its an organization that makes wigs for kids with cancer. I donated it because I felt the need to. These kids suffer so much and I was able to take away a small aspect of pain for one of these kids. I often get the question, "But why!?! You didn't need to shave your entire head!" I shaved it because a few inches of hair go into creating the actual wig and most wigs are shoulder length. Most little girls want long haired wigs but they are expensive and rare, so being able to donate all my hair and produce a long haired wig for a little girl was worth it to me. I was able to help a little girl feel beautiful and normal. After graduating, I was able to travel for 3 month across eastern and western Europe. First I look a road trip from Los Angeles to New York passing through several different states in the United States. Then once I was in New York I flew into Barcelona, Spain and began backpacking around. I traveled alone and it was my first time out of the continent. I was terrified in Barcelona and got lost several times but I would do it all over again. I backpacked around Spain, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Greece and Turkey. It was a so much fun, I wish I could revisit the friends I made along the way. There are so many beautiful people and things on this earth, its amazing how lucky we are to be able to see it. So that is me, I have a few more stories to tell but I would want to bore you, if you even got this far, (laughing) so I will leave you with a quote from the book Into the Wild. "So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future." Pg 57 Much Love SPrado

• Comments

Related Pages