General Manager| Convexity Hospitality | Chicago Getaway Hostel - Chicago, IL - USA
Convexity Hospitality, LLC
An Equal Opportunity Employer
General Manager Job Description
Chicago Getaway Hostel, together with Convexity Hospitality, LLC, seeks an upbeat, energetic, detail orientated, service-driven individual to lead and manage our exceptional team as General Manager.
The position reports directly to the Hospitality Development Director and is responsible for overseeing the operational functions for the hostel including Front Office, Housekeeping, Breakfast, Maintenance and Night Audit.
Chicago Getaway Hostel is featured:
Property Website: www.getawayhostel.com
The primary function is to run a smooth and profitable operation, to serve as key point-person for guests and associates, and to ensure that the utmost service and hospitality standards are maintained.
• Coordinate and supervise the facility to provide an environment with high standards of comfort, service, quality and safety
• Maintain positive guest relations and ensure standard operating measures are followed
• Monitor performance of the hostel through analysis of guest satisfaction and financial reports; initiate corrective action if necessary
• Implement and maintain a positive marketing and sales program
• Manage rates and availability to ensure maximum profitability
• Balance revenue, expenses, and budgets and prepare financial reports and business communications
• Ensure that Convexity Hospitality policies and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local laws are followed
• Recruit and retain qualified talent
• Work closely with Human Resources/Management to administer wage and benefits, manage employee performance, and proactively address concerns
• 2 years experience in hotel operations management with a background in reservation sales, yield, and revenue management
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate and provide direction
• Exceptional organizational skills, including time management and prioritization, in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analysis, problem solving, and attention to detail skills
• Self-starter who is able to work independently with little supervision; strong work ethic
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and accounting functions
• Flexible work schedule; on-call 24/7; hours vary depending on demand
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, which include standing, walking, sitting, bending, pushing, and lifting up to 15 lbs.
• Foreign language skills preferred
Please apply through HCareers.com. Cover letter and resume are requested. Applicants must have permission to work in the United States.
Job first posted: 14 February 2014