Hostel Manager Position x2, Mirissa Beach & Colombo Airport
Our expanding network of hostels built by people with a passion for traveling, offering everyone a chance to explore the most popular destinations in Sri Lanka comfortably and at an affordable price. Hostel First Colombo Airport has 5 rooms and it is very busy as it is near the international airport. Negombo Beach is in 20 mins bus ride. Hostel First Mirissa is located in south of island in 2 mins from famous beach!
We are looking for Hostel Managers for both of our hostels, to start immediately.
The position for our Mirissa Beach Hostel is for 3 months (September - November 2017)
The position for our Airport Hostel is for 3 - 6 months
Hostel Manager duties include, but not limited to:
- Taking care of online bookings, check-in & check-out, emails and phone calls;
- Receiving payments, keeping cash accounting, returning deposits, reporting to owner;
- Paying running costs and managing the staff to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Selling and organizing tours & transportation, and marketing other Hostel First hostels;
- Preparing daily / weekly & monthly reports;
- Consistent updating of all social media accounts;
- Organising & promoting regular hostel events
You will get a bed and board (3 meals per day)
First 2 weeks is unpaid training period. ( if you have experience in hostel management - 1 week)
Salary is 45,000 RS per month + bonus
4 days off per month
The specified hours of work are 8am - 6pm but of course this could differ depending on daily requirements
There is a bonus based on the reviews and tour selling.
Friendly team and a chance to explore Sri Lanka!
Further inquiries and applications (including a CV): firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are looking for:
Experienced hostel managers, with a good command of English and a passion for travel & meeting new people, who can take the lead immediately upon commencing employment with us and are familiar with Extranet and Channel Manager.
Manju & Hostel First team
Paid Hostel Staff
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
Job first posted: 06 June 2016
Updated: 14 August 2017