Work like a captain, Party like a Pirate in San Juan Puerto Rico!
INTROIsland Time Hostel is currently looking to fill two immediate openings for positions in our front desk/ Reception. If you are interested in applying please read the following.
All volunteers will be asked to work four 7 hour shifts per week. All shift duties include:
• -Basic reception (Check in / out procedure)
- Housekeeping as needed. Currently we have a housekeeper 5 days a week, and our front desk covers 2 days per week.
• -Constant contact with our guests, ensuring they make the most out of their trips to Puerto Rico!
• -General Upkeep Projects around the hostel.
• -Hosting Social Events
Your benefits include:
- Housing in our staff apartment. This apartment is shared by all 6 volunteers. It is located just two houses away from the hostel.
- Access to the hostel kitchen
- Free wi-fi at the hostel
- Breakfast every day
- At least two day trips to different parts of the Island during your stay
- Access to a network of free dorm accomodations in hostels around the island while you are working, so that you can travel around and really see Puerto Rico
- Free Laundry during your stay
A little more about Island Time:
Island Time is a small 28 bed hostel located in the heart of the Santurce District in San Juan Puerto Rico. Santurce is famous for its nightlife, as well as its art scene. Our hostel is located less than 10 minutes away from the famous Condado Beach and Tourist Area. We are also on the bus line that goes directly to Old San Juan, as well as the train station. We are looking for backpackers, and anyone who wants to work like a captain and party like a pirate!
In order to volunteer all applicants must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Speak fluent English ( Bilingual in Spanish is a HUGE Plus)
- Must have a cellphone with active service while in Puerto Rico
- Must be a US Resident or Enter the US on your own terms. We cannot sponser anyone coming looking for a work visa
- Be a team player, and an adventurer looking to get out and explore Puerto Rico!
If you are interested in Volunteering please check us out on Facebook “Island Time Hostel” and our website www.islandtimehotel.com
Please send us an email at email@example.com with a resume, a photo, and the dates you are looking to travel. Please not we require a minimum of 6 weeks, and a maximum of 12 weeks.
If you are not looking to start by the 1st week of June, please do not respond to this ad. We are looking to fill immediate openings. Anyone looking to arrive after June 1st will not be considered at this time.
Hope to hear from you soon
Island Time Staff
“Work like a captain, Party like a pirate”
Island Time is the place to stay in San Juan—after all, IT’s your island, your time!
There is nothing like dropping a heavy backpack on the ground, grabbing a bite to eat, and coming 'home' to a place with a warm, friendly atmosphere and chatting, resting, and absorbing the backpacker experience with other travelers. Visiting 'La Isla Del Encanto' is an experience of a lifetime and Island Time Hostel will certainly make your visit more affordable and enjoyable. Stay within a colorful & lively San Juan neighborhood, meet locals as well as others exploring the island, immerse yourself in the Puerto Rican culture, soak up the sun on the beautiful beaches, and maybe even sip the day away at the bar across the street as you practice your Spanish.
Only steps away from Condado Beach, Condado Lagoon, Miramar and right outside of Old San Juan! Nestled right outside of Old San Juan in Miramar, Island Time is the perfect gateway to relaxing beaches, authentic local food, and the best exposure to the real Puerto Rico. You'll get an excellent dose of Puerto Rican cuisine, music, culture and its people. Ask about our cuisine trip, 'El sabor del Barrio,' on which our staff take you to the best local places to eat, dance salsa and bachata, and even practice yoga on the beach.
Like our Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/IslandTimeHostel
Follow us at Twitter & Instagram:
www.twitter.com/ITHostel • www.instagram.com/IslandTimeHostel
Always interested in the business of Hostels and in the thoughts and experiences of other fellow Hostel-ers!
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
Job first posted: 08 May 2016