Hostels are somewhat new in Puerto Rico, but several are already amazing. Because of the hard work of several pioneering hostels, reputation has grown, and therefore demand. However, some of us realized that those running the hostels had the attitude: "it's just a hostel," justifying poor service and inattentive staff to the fact that accommodation is much cheaper than the nearby beach resorts. I had even been told by staff at a local hostel: "We're not going to be slaves to guests when they're paying $20-a-night." Another common saying is: "We aren't the Hilton." We wanted to have a hostel that treated guests with respect, and always offered assistance; whether a guest is paying $2, $20, or $200 per night, they deserve the same respect and care. Thus, the "Island Time Hostel" was established! We wish to provide assistance, safe and comfortable accommodation, fun, and always a smile to guests visiting Puerto Rico. In the near future, we will be looking for Work-Exchange employees, and we hope to hear from many of you! The ITHostel welcomes you home to Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean! [email protected]

• Comments
Anonymous's picture

CatharineL

10 years

Hello!

I am a Canadian who loves to travel and I am a very hard worker. I am interested in working in a hostel and saw your post. However, I graduate from college in August so I wouldn't be able to start until September. I have a wide range of job experiences such as treeplanting in northern British Columbia for two seasons, forestry at a military base in Ontario, sales associate and cashier at an outdoor store, fitness trainer at the college gym, a cook, etc. I will e-mail you my resume. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you,
Catharine Lansing

Anonymous's picture

Ash813

10 years

Hola!

After reading your post I see the welcoming and accommodating spirit your hostel is working to uphold. I know I can be an asset to your team. I am an American college student and I am looking for a hostel job in Puerto Rico. I have over 6 years of customer service experience coupled with a strong work ethic. I would love to hear from you and can provide you with a resume and references upon request! Look forward to hearing from you! :)

Gracias,
Ashlee Lane

Related Pages